Sunday, August 11, 2013

Jul 30
i am getting your dear elders in my email. they actually have a post office but they print off the dear elders in utah and send them here. i wouldnt send letters after this week though. i have only gotten a few of your dear elders mom and that is it. i sent out letters last week through pouch mail and she said it takes 2 weeks to get to people in the states.
 
i do live with spanish sisters. it is very helpful. however, one of our 2 spanish sisters left this morning because she didnt feel ready. my puerto rican roomate Hermana Riviera is really awesome and sweet though. she saw me puttingon boots and asked where i was from. i told her california and i think she was disappointed i wasnt actually a cowboy. it is actually pretty chilly here in the morning. because we are in the mountains it isnt the warm mexico i pictured in my head. and an elder from our district also left. they will be missed. and it really stinks for companions too. however, the elder was part of a triple so it wasnt so bad for them.
 
the lights have gone off around here about 6 times in the last three weeks. and our water turned brown. i didnt notice the water was brown until AFTER i had brushed my teeth. that was sad because we talked to some natives and they said if you use brown water your mouth is subject to infection. joy. so far so good but makes me nervous stilll. its fixed now. however, i did get a cold and i gave it tomy companion. i felt really bad. there is nothing worse than being sick in the mtc. i had to go home and sleep a few times because my immune system wasnt having it and my teacher forced me to go to the doctor. dont worry though im completely fine now and it was just a cold.
 
i wear my black watch some days because it has a timer on it and an alarm. i got it for swimming a while ago. i would be anxious to see what that hotel room looked like. and i am sad i dont get to ride on any roller coasters for the next 17 months. i hope jos was fun. carson is the better brother for having written me however the only letter i read from him was the one in my suitcase. i still love the thought and hope i get it.
 
the church newsroom filmed my classroom teaching time with hermana dewey so look for me in between general conference sessions (we asked andthey told us that is when they are going to air it), i am wearing a bright blue dress. they also took pictures so take a look at the newsroom to find me and my district! pretty much im gonna be famous.
 
today our elders are challenging the natives to a soccer game. im putting my money on the mexicans personally. also, i got a letter in the mail from my mission president! nothing exciting but good to know he is thinking about me!
 
something spiritual really quick, i have been struggling with all the rules i am supposed to follow and im trying to have a good attitude about it. something that really helped me was watching a devo by Holland again. he said this is preach MY gospel as in the gospel of jesus christ and because it is his i need to teach it his way. helps when there are rules and structured learning time pretty much 247.
 
I forgot to say who wrote me last week so i will just say thanks to all who have written me (that i have received emails from) in the last two weeks
 
Thank you; Grandma and Grandpa Clement, Katie, Kristen, Derek, Seth, Emma, Kelsey, Dad, Mom, Mikaela, Moncrief family, Mary Ann and thats all i got! really the safest bet is EMAIL at this point but i am so grateful for all of your continued support. really. i love you guys and i am so lucky for the awesome family and friends i have.
 
 
and also i am actually impressed by the 6 elders in my district. they are surprisingly mature for 18 year olds. however. during personal study it was dead quiet and one of elders farted. it was quiet and i was like wow how mature, they arent going to laugh, for around 20 seconds. then one of the elders breaks and he laughs so hard he has to leave the room. good to see there is always room for improvement! haha

No comments:

Post a Comment